3yrs position for Scientific Data Management in Computational Biology
University of Rostock / HITS gGmbH Heidelberg, Germany
We are looking for a scientific developer (MS, Ph.D) to join our team at Rostock University. The post is for three years, full time, starting as soon as possible.
- promotion and further development of COMBINE standards
- developing support for SEMS tools in the data management system SEEK4SCIENE
- Java programming, library development
- interest in COMBINE standards and community work (SBML, SED-ML, SBGN)
- knowledge of graph databases
- knowledge of XML
- communicative person
As part of the position, you can take the opportunity to work on a SEMS-related PhD project. Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
- information retrieval: Ranked model retrieval
- graph databases: integrated storage of heterogeneous, linked data
- model comparison based on semantic annotations, bio-ontologies
- provenance of simulation studies
Please note that you will be employed through the HITS gGmbH, but your work location is Rostock.
Please apply until April 3rd, 2015.
All current job offers: http://sems.uni-rostock.de/jobs