3yrs position for Scientific Data Management in Computational Biology
University of Rostock / HITS gGmbH Heidelberg, Germany
We are looking for a scientific developer (MS, Ph.D) to join our team at Rostock University. The post is for three years, full time, starting as soon as possible.
- promotion and further development of COMBINE standards
- developing support for SEMS tools in the data management system SEEK4SCIENE
- Java programming, library development
- interest in COMBINE standards and community work (SBML, SED-ML, SBGN)
- knowledge of graph databases
- knowledge of XML
- communicative person
As part of the position, you can take the opportunity to work on a SEMS-related PhD project. Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
- information retrieval: Ranked model retrieval
- graph databases: integrated storage of heterogeneous, linked data
- model comparison based on semantic annotations, bio-ontologies
- provenance of simulation studies
Please note that you will be employed through the HITS gGmbH, but your work location is Rostock.
Please apply until April 3rd, 2015.
Job post (PDF): https://sems.uni-rostock.de/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/jobOfferDenbiSysbio.pdf
All current job offers: http://sems.uni-rostock.de/jobs