The Radiation Effects on the Immune System workshop will take place between March 07-09, 2017 in Budapest, Hungary.
The main aim of this workshop is to gather a broad range of competences and expertise to cover the various aspects of the field and promote both integration of “non-radiobiologists” and radiobiologists into the study of interactions between radiation and the immune system.
The workshop will cover the following topics:
- Basic interactions between radiation and the immune system
- Radio-onco-immunology and combined radio and immunotherapy approaches in oncology
- Immune modulatory effects of low doses, basic mechanisms, potential therapeutic applications
- Radiation-induced chronic inflammation and its consequences in various organs
- Immune mediators of radiation induced bystander effect, the role of microvesicles
- Immune-related biomarkers of radiation exposure
Abstract submission and registration deadline: 31.01.2017
More information available here