The X-HiDE project will build and investigate mathematical and mechanistic models of inflammatory processes on various scales, based on dynamical data produced from in vitro models and connected to large-scale clinical data and OMICs data. This project is hosted by the Inflammatory Response and Infection Susceptibility Center (iRiSC) at Örebro University, which, together with the Functional Bioinformatics group, will be the main affiliation for the position.
The applicant will be responsible for developing and investigating dynamical mathematical models based on experimental data available within X-HiDE relevant for a variety of mechanisms at different scales of inflammation. The applicant will engage in tight discussion for hypothesis development, model specification, and adaptation, as well as generation of model predictions in close collaboration with experimentally working biomedical researchers and clinicians.
Eligible for the appointment as a postdoctoral researcher are applicants holding a doctoral degree in physics, computer science, applied statistics or in related subject areas, with close relation to medical or life sciences.
- doctoral degree in physics, computer science, applied statistics or in related subject areas, with close relation to medical or life sciences
- excellent interpersonal skills
- ability to collaborate as well as to perform the duties well with high quality and suitabilit
- experience of mathematical and mechanistic modeling techniques
- experience with data analysis in the (bio)medical fields
The position is a full-time position for a fixed term of two years, with the possibility of applying for an additional third year. The salary depends on the successful candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Application deadline: September 1, 2020.
More information available here.