The Centenary Institute in Sydney is a centre of excellence in medical research affiliated with the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital and the University of Sydney. Currently, a Postdoc Position in Bioinformatics is offered.
The institute investigates the roles of DNA methylation and RNA modifications in the regulation of alternative splicing in diverse human and mouse cells and tissues. Furthermore, they’re expanding their study to define the interplay between aberrant epigenetic and RNA modifications that contribute to splicing abnormalities relevant to cancers.
The main role of the position will be to conduct bioinformatics analyses in collaboration with a team of web lab researchers for a fixed term, while participating in the activities of Centenary.
- A recent PhD (preferably within the last 12 months) or about to be awarded a PhD in the relevant areas of computational biology / bioinformatics
- Extensive experience in RNAseq data analysis, pipeline development and algorithm implementation /development
- Solid research experience, including first author publications in top journals
- Ability to write /contribute to journal articles, grants and keep meticulous notes
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills with an ability to liaise with a diverse range of people
- A strong team focus
- A demonstrated commitment to Occupational Health and Safety
Application deadline: August 25 2017
More information available here