The research focus of the Institute of Clinical Molecular Biology (IKMB) at the Christian Albrechts University in Kiel is on the identification of genetic factors and mechanisms in complex inflammatory diseases, using high-throughput technologies and state-of-the-art computational methods. Currently they are searching for a PhD-Students in Bioinformatics and Biostatistics.
The Institute operates several high-throughput platforms and participates in the DFG (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft) Clusters of Excellence “Inflammation at Interfaces” and “Future Ocean” and in the Graduate School “Human Development in Landscapes”.
- highly motivated and qualified candidate
- academic degree (master’s degree or diploma) in (bio-)informatics, (bio-)statistics, molecular biology or related areas,
- solid knowledge of programming (R and/or Python/Perl/C++)
- experience in bioinformatics/biological information processing
- strong communication skills in English
Application deadline: November 2017