The systems biology of microbial infection aims to understand the interaction between hosts and pathogens by the integrative combination of experiment and theory. The international symposium takes place biennially at the HKI-Center for Systems Biology of Infection in Jena, Germany.
The focus of this symposium is on the interaction between the immune systems of humans or animals and bacterial or fungal pathogens.
Welcomed are contributions that, for example, focus on:
- unraveling pathogenicity mechanisms by a systems biology approach
- host-microbe and microbe-microbe interactions
- reconstructing cellular networks based on time series data
- analysing spatio-temporal aspects of infection processes
- identifying diagnostic biomarkers and potential drug targets
- exploring strategies for personalized therapy
Abstract Deadline: June 25, 2019
Early Bird Registration: July 10, 2019
More information available here.